M O R O C C
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to instant Cast Super Novice

Go down

Guide to instant Cast Super Novice Empty Guide to instant Cast Super Novice

Post  Lylo Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:21 am

Guide to Instant Cast Super Novice
-or Almost Instant Cast SN-

Version 2.0 - Corrected some errors (Changed Level 10 Attention Concentrate to dex +13), changed some calculations in the stats part, added some casting times
Version 1.0 - My first guide. laughing.gif Any comments, errors, etc, please tell me ^^

Introduction

I'm sure you guys know wads super novice by now. I guess I will go straight and plunge in =) this guide is created for SN lovers ^^ I'm sure many out there but I see, here ro-g doesn't have much about this very cute class. Any comments, errors are welcomed.

For a mage-type SN, you need many dex and int. =x Since SN has low hp, low sp (practically everything also low), so you need to try to get as many dex and int as possible. Mage-type SN needs to be quick and fast. A simple saying, Kill before he kills youť. I think this applies to SNs. So, you need to kill before you get killed.

Your Novice

Your novice should have 9 dex, 9 int, and 9 agi (similar to mage) in the very beginning of its life (When you create him/her).

Training your novice

Training your novice to Super novice can be a tough journey. Reasons being, low hp, low sp, low stats, no skills, only normal hit, etc.

Stats

As mentioned, this guide is for Instant Cast SN. For Instant Cast to happen, your dex must hit 150. Currently for eRo version 10.2, the maximum dex you can get is 150 (aka instant cast) [See Example 1]

Example 1

Job Bonus +5
Blessing +10
Owl's Eye +10
Attention Concentrate +13
Weapon (Rod [4] with 4 Drops Card) +4
Accessory 1 (Clip [1] with Zerom Card) +3
Accessory 2 (Clip [1] with Zerom Card) +3
Armor (Novice Armor [1] with Rocker Card) +1
Shoe (Any shoes with Amon Ra Card) +1
Super Novice Hat [1] +1

Sub-Total = 51

Add 99 dex, Total = 99 +51 = 150 (instant Cast)

Advantage - Dex reaches 150, which is instant cast. Can slot a useful card in headgear.
Disadvantage - Armor is sacrificed. No pupa = Less 700hp. No marc = Prone to freezing. No elemental reduction cards = More damage received. No cards for Shoes to add extra SP or HP. Only wears SN Hat. Rare Amonra Card is needed!

*this is without the SN special skills (the no-die-add-extra-blessing-thingy)
Guide to instant Cast Super Novice Dex15010
Casting time for Fire Bolt

Since most of us could not afford an Amon Ra Card (or could not be bothered to use it for SNs), the maximum dex you can reach is 149. [See Example 2]

Example 2

Job Bonus +5
Blessing +10
Owl's Eye +10
Attention Concentrate +13
Weapon (Rod [4] with 4 Drops Card) +4
Accessory 1 (Clip [1] with Zerom Card) +3
Accessory 2 (Clip [1] with Zerom Card) +3
Armor (Novice Armor [1] with Rocker Card) +1
Super Novice Hat [1] +1

Sub-Total = 50

Add 99 dex, Total = 99 +51 = 149 (almost-instant Cast)

Advantage - No instant cast but is more practical. Able to slot card into headgear. Shoes can add other HP or SP cards.
Disadvantage - Dex reaches 149, which is near instant cast (fast but not instant cast). Armor is sacrificed. Only wear SN hat.

*this is without the SN special skills (the no-die-add-extra-blessing-thingy)
Guide to instant Cast Super Novice Dex14910

Of course, your dex can be adjusted to 148 instead if you want to use pupa armor instead of the rocker armor. As you can see, the cast time for dex 148 and 149 differ by 0.05sec.

Guide to instant Cast Super Novice Dex14810

Skills and Tactics

As we all know, SN skills are mainly the 1st pro skills. So, what kinds of skills are good? Below are some suggestions for you to refer. Note that Blessing Level 10, Attention Concentrate Level 10 and Owl's Eye Level 10 are compulsory to boost your dex.

Example i
Guide to instant Cast Super Novice Sn110

With this combination, you have the compulsory skills and only one attack skill. This combination's tactic is to first stone curse your enemies. As we all know, stone curse have 2 parts, stoning and stoned. Stoning is whereby the person starts to change to a darker shade of color, can move. Stoned is whereby the person cannot move at all and changed to a black color. Stone cursing your enemy changes the element of the person to Earth attribute. Since Fire deals more damage to Earth, after a successful Stone Curse, Fire Bolt is used. This is the fun part. Since your dex is so high (instant cast) you can cast many Fire Bolts before your enemy changes to stoned. (Stoning, hit all you like, enemy wont be back to normal state. Stoned, hit once to clear stoned status) So by the time your fire bolt cleared his stoned status, you had already hit him/her many times with your Fire Bolt. (Meaning he/she may die if hp is low)

Pneuma is added for dodging range attacks like Double Strafing, since Snipers/hunters can kill SNs quite easily with a click of their fingers. Increase Agi only level 1 is due to walking speed faster only. One thing bad is that, no safety wall to counter those champs!

Example ii
Guide to instant Cast Super Novice Sn210

In this example, some skills are put into other skills. Advantage is that you can play with more than one attack skill (Fire bolt, Soul strike, Napalm beat). Safe wall is also added to counter those champions (Asura strike). This combination only allows warping to one save memo (one save map, one save memo). Warp Portal is good for warping to training grounds (Reach there faster). Since Stone curse is only level 1, there is a lower chance of enemies being stoned. Hopefully you are lucky enough that the person gets stoned on the first try!

So many things you want but so little job skills! Who says Job 70 is enough? This combination is already Job 70, even without Healing and Increase Agi skills!!! Spam pots? Lol. Increase Agi is good for walking faster, and also dodging lower level monsters (when trying to run away!)

[color=blue=*Play around with the calculator to get your desired skills ^^[/color]

Suggested Training Grounds

*Use a +10 4xAndre Mace or something similar during Novice stage

Level 1 - 20 Poring Island (Porings and Drops)
Level 21 - 40 Poring Island (Porings, Drops, Poporings, Marin)
Level 41 - 45+ Beach_dun3 (Thara Frog, Hydra, Megalodon) Stick to Poring Island if its too pain for you at beach dun3

When you reach level 45, you can make at job change at Al de Baran (6 o'clock direction). Just hunt for the items required and exchange for a job change. One of the simple job change.

Continue training your SN until you gets Fire bolt. Why I recommend Fire bolt is because you can train easier at initial stages of SN using Fire Bolt. Confused? Well, read on. laughing.gif

*Use SN rod with 2x drops card when you have Fire Bolt. (SN Rod [2], +25% matk, drops card for dex)

Level 45+ - 75 ein_fild06 (Or anywhere that have Geographer)
Level 75 onwards Try turtle island, Spring Rabbit. If you added Cold Bolt, try High Orcs.

*Use Rod [4] with 4x Drops Cards if you want a faster cast but less damage (Rod, +15% matk)

Adding your Stats

This section is for those who follow my Suggested Training Grounds section. Since initially, you only hit mainly poporings and marins, you only need some accuracy (to be able to hit poporings and marins accurately). I suggest adding of dex to 20 or 25 while the rest to int. All the way pump int until your int reaches 70. After that, start adding dex till 99! After dex 99, then continue adding int.

Reason for adding only dex to 20 at initial stage
– Accuracy to hit Popos

Reason for adding all int till 70
– Geographer is a plant type monster that does not move at all. You can stand there taking your time casting Fire Bolts at them.
– Your int affects the damage of your Fire Bolt. Add more int to produce more damage.

Reason for adding dex when int is 70
– Your damage is higher now. But you are moving onto higher levels of monsters since Geographer’s experience is poor for higher level SNs. Which means, no more stand and hit!
– You will be hitting Spring Rabbits at Turtle Island, where there's many fast actions. If your dex is low, by the time you cast finish your level 10 Fire Bolt, the poor bunny may already be dead since there are so many ks-ers there.

Equipments and Cards

Compulsory For Instant Cast (See Example 1 above)
-Weapon (Rod [4] with 4 Drops Card)
-Accessory 1 (Clip [1] with Zerom Card)
-Accessory 2 (Clip [1] with Zerom Card)
-Head (Top) (Super Novice Hat [1] with Any Cards [Probably those that adds int])
-Shoes (Sandles [1], SN Shoes [1] with Amon Ra Card)

For Example 2, dex 149, exclude the Amon Ra shoes.

Others (SN is limited to many items. I’ll list all that SN can wear here)
-Head (Middle)
Blush, Devil ear, Angel ear, Pair of Red Ribbon
-Head (Bottom)
Toast, Baby Pacifier
-Armor
Novice Armor [1], Adventurer Suit [1], Cotton Shirt [1]
Pupa Card, Marc Card, etc
-Shield
SN Shield [1], Guard [1]
Thara Frog Card, etc
-Robe
SN Manteau [1], Hood [1]
Whisper Card, Raydric Card, etc
-Shoes
SN Shoes [1], Sandles [1]
Sohee Card, Eggyra Card, Verit Card, Matyr Card, etc

*My recommendation - Don’t use Phen Card. Try to aim for fast cast, not uninterrupted cast. Why? Reason being SNs cannot withstand the damage dealed from those monsters. A few hits and he/she may die. If die, not only it loses 1%, and it may also loses SN special bonus stats too.

Ending Words

So far, I hope this guide is good enough for those who need help. Of course, feel free to explore more yourself. Just have fun! ^^

Thanks my dear for lending me that RO Chinese guide book that inspired me to make a Instant Cast Super Novice ^^ Thanks Synn for teaching me some SN Skills combinations. Thanks to Ace~Corouna for Attention Concentrate Info and suggestion using Amon Ra card. Thanks to others like Vaynard, saib, etc who bring up the Attention Concentrate mistake and reviewing it. And lastly, thanks to RO-G Skills Calculator, Starry Calculator. (Saying thanks to a calculator. Lol)

Happy Ro-ing!
Lylo
Lylo
Members
Members

http://www.myspace.com/darkrapper

Back to top Go down